Learn about Torah Fund and see the benefactor pin
Benefactor contributions start at $180. The pin is a gift given for the donation. There are different levels of contributions. The pin is the same, but does at higher levels get precious stones in the pin.
- Guardian level: $301-599 – pearl
- Associate Patron: $600-1199 – ruby chip
- Patron: $1200-2499 – diamond chip
- Scholarship Patron – $2500-4999 – emerald
- Keter Kavod – $5000 or more- gold crown
Contact Lisa Ganzman to become a benefactor.
- Request the return of your check for the Luncheon, or
- Request your check for the Luncheon be used as a donation to Women’s League.
Learn about the 2019-20 honorees
Sharon Sharlin Torah Fund Honoree
Grew up in Yardley, PA
- 3rd Generation Adath Member, children are 4th Generation Adath Members
- Synagogue very much part of our lives – family was involved in many capacities
- Married to Ben Sharlin (who attended Adath as a child) for 13 years
- Two children- Rachel (12 – about to become a Bat Mitzvah at Adath) and Micah (9 ½ )
- Live in Yardley amongst a zoo of animals at home
- BA Print Journalism
- Teaching Certification
Ewing Township Bd of Education
- Teacher of the Gifted and Talented for 18 years
- Recipient of the NJ Governor’s Teacher of the Year in 2005
Adath Israel Congregation
- Congregant of Adath entire life
- After becoming a Bat Mitzvah, tutored at the Religious School for several years, while mom was principal
- Taught at Adath for several years prior to getting married
- As own kids entered Adath’s RS, wanted to become involved again. Worked with Cara Weiss and Mica Tyberg to restart a Young Families group
- Currently serving as Membership Chair for past 3 years
- 3rd Consecutive year on Board of Trustees
Brenda Solomon Torah Fund Honoree
- Lifelong member of Adath Israel
- Came from a family with strong Jewish commitments.
- Father was former president, ritual chairman, membership chairman and lay leader.
- Mom was very active in Sisterhood, former president, helped with junior congregation, and many synagogue programs.
- Celebrated all Jewish holidays to the fullest
- Youngest of three sisters and always very close. We were all educated and confirmed at Adath
- Graduated with a Bachelors in Elementary Education, later went on to receive a Masters in Counseling, and s second Masters in Administration
- First job was fifth grade teacher in Lawrenceville. While children were young worked for an agency part time, taught Hebrew School, and served as Adath’s Educational Director for six years. Finished my professional career as a High School Counselor.
- Met my husband, Larry, at a joint Hillel Thanksgiving service at Rider, He was a graduate student at Princeton and I was President of TCNJ Hillel. We have been married over 48 years.
- Larry and I have two wonderful children, Sharon and David. Both grew up at Adath and are still very active in the Jewish world; Sharon here at Adath Israel and David works at the Charles E Smith Jewish Day School as the Director of Arts Education.
- Through Sharon we have been lucky to add Ben Sharlin to our family. And of course our wonderful grandchildren, Rachel and Micah.
- Through the years I have been active at Adath. When the children were young Larry and I served as volunteers to Kadima and USY, worked on Purim Carnivals, membership and other events. Adath has been a family affair. Larry served as President of Adath, both children worked as tutors in the school. Since retirement I have led Tot Shabbat, serve on the Board, Chair MOSAIC, help Sharon with membership, and chair the Shabbat Enhancement Committee.