Check calendar for full details, costs and locations:
- Learn or Improve Your Hebrew Reading 7 classes starting October 23, 2017
- Tuesdays With Beverly 10 sessions from Jan 9 to March 13th
Jan 16-Rabbi Adler-Bible books of Ezra and Nehemiah, Jan 23–history of the Deli,
Jan. 30–Tu B’Shvat. Other topics will include the music of Leonard Bernstein (Hazzan Katlin), King David and film presentations.Cost :$54 for Adath member; $72 for non-members
- The Forgotten Bible
The Hebrew Bible may be the most read book on earth, but Jews generally confine their knowledge of this seminal collection to the Torah and Haftarot read each week, the Psalms included in the liturgy, and the five other megillot (scrolls) read at different holidays. But the Bible contains whole books like Daniel, Ezra, and Nehemiah, which tend to get ignored but contain much wisdom relevant to modern life. Join us as we delve into these “forgotten” books.
6 Thursdays, 7:30 – 9:00 PM, January 18 – March 15. (cancelled Feb 15) $18 for members, $36 for non-members
- Torah on Tap
Come out for an evening of schmoozing, Torah, and your favorite drink with Rabbi Adler May 17, 2018
- Ripped from the Headlines
Spend a Thursday morning each month with Rabbi Adler starting at 10am for an informal discussion of current events and what Judaism has to say about the issues of our day. Grab a cup of coffee or tea at McCaffrey’s then head to the upstairs meeting room and find out what’s happening in the world, through a Jewish lens. Buy your own beverage. Location: McCaffrey’s Market Yardley at the Edgewood Village Shopping Center (635 Heacock Road, Yardley, PA)
- Learners Service April 14, 2018
- Ripped from the Headlines-Special Shabbat Edition April 21, 2018
- Rabbi’s Tisch June 22, 2018 Following Shabbat Services
- One Book One Jewish Community March 4, 2018 4-6pm
- Sacks-Wilner Holocaust Education Program March 18, 2018
- Joint Yom Hashoah Program April 8, 2018
- Tikkun Leil Shavuot Study Session May 19, 2018 7:00pm
Photos: Rudy Lowenstein sharing his experiences, growing up in Germany, to a standing-room audience after the showing of the “From Swastika to Jim Crow” film at Adath Israel on February 4. Rudy escaped Germany in 1937 as the Nazi Regime was consolidating its power.
Join the Adult Education Program Committee- Contact Lisa Snyder by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Adath Office 609-896-4977. You can provide input and support with an Adult Education program that fits your schedule and interests.