Like us on Facebook!
Upcoming Adath Israel Women’s League programs for 2018 / 5778
- Torah Fund Dinner Sunday, April 22nd 3 PM – 5:30 PM Learn About Torah Fund
- Spring Brunch Sunday, May 6th 9:30 AM -12:00 PM Chauncey Hotel & Conference Center
- Family Bingo on the last day of Hebrew School May 22, 2018 5 PM – 6:30 PM
Please note: These dates are scheduled far in advance and can change due to weather or unforeseen circumstances.
Join us for many Upcoming Programs in 2018
Torah Fund 2017-2018 / 5778
RSVP to Helene Dubin by April 2, 2018
Benefactor contributions start at $180. The pin is a gift given for the donation. There are different levels of contributions. The pin is the same, but does at higher levels get precious stones in the pin.
- Guardian level: $301-599 – pearl
- Associate Patron: $600-1199 – ruby chip
- Patron: $1200-2499 – diamond chip
- Scholarship Patron – $2500-4999 – emerald
- Keter Kavod – $5000 or more- gold crown
Contact Lisa Ganzman to become a benefactor.
Join us for Spring Brunch
Sunday, May 6th, 9:30am-12:00 pm
Featuring Author Joselin Linder
For more information Email Janet Cohen
Previous Adath Israel Women’s League programs 2017-2018 / 5778
- Book Club first meeting Discussion of two books: Those who go may not Return (Shulem Deen), Unorthodox (Deborah Freedman) Sunday, October 15th 9:30 AM-11 AM Book Club Flyer
- Paid Up Lunch Sunday, November 5th 1 PM – 3 PM
- Adult bingo Saturday, December 9th 7 PM – 10 PM
- WL Havdalah Service Saturday, January 20th 7 PM – 9 PM-RSVP here
- Book Club discussion of The Brigade by Howard Blum Sunday, January 21st 10am
- “The Women’s Balcony” Movie with Beth Chaim Sisterhood: Sunday, January 21st, 4:00pm
- Heart Healthy Tea and Talk Sunday, February 11th 2:00 PM–4:00 PM
- Passover Recipe Exchange Sunday, February 18th Rhonda Lang’s Home 1:00 PM–3:00 PM
- Shalach Manot Baskets (Packing) Sunday, February 25th 9 AM – Noon
Volunteers meet in Kitchen
- Mitzvah Day Sunday, March 11th 9:30 AM-Noon Kitchen
Mitzvah Day Soup Making for JFCS
This past cold Sunday morning, 14 enthusiastic congregants gathered in the Adath kitchen to prepare three huge pots of hearty soup for the JFCS Kosher Food Pantry. First we cut, diced, peeled and grated fresh vegetables. Then we put them into pots, added stock and fresh herbs, and stirred. As the flavors blended, the aroma filled the kitchen. Then after some kibbutzing, sampling, and seasoning, we produced 40 quarts (160 servings) of fabulous lentil barley soup! As a result, seniors in our community will have hot, homemade soup this winter.
Thanks go to: Randi Alexander, Ed Alpern, Etta Bray, Janet Cohen, Carol Dubin, Mike Holloway, Marcia Margolis, Rebecca Mercuri, Sally Moses, Holly Rubin, Vicki Russo, Judi Weiner and Alyssa Wolf for their culinary efforts.
Special thanks also go to: the Hebrew School children for decorating labels for the containers, Julia Dubin for designing the flyer, and Scott Dubin for assisting with the food shopping and schlepping.
Our congregants not only performed a mitzvah, but also found it satisfying to work together on a “hands-on” project and achieve tangible (and delicious) results. Women’s League provided the ingredients and Adath chefs did the rest. Thank you all!
View and Print Recipe (TBA)
Candy Wrapping for Your Simcha
Women’s League will gladly wrap candy for your special events – Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, aufrufs, baby namings, etc. We will buy the candy, netting and color ribbon of your choice, and artfully wrap these pieces to enhance your special day. All proceeds directly benefit the synagogue , in such programs as B’nai Mitzvot gifts, Confirmation gifts, the Purim Carnival, the Hanukkah party and the Sukkot celebration. All checks are made payable to: Adath Israel Women’s League.
How it works: Adath Israel Women’s League volunteers will decorate the baskets. wrap the candies and deliver them to Adath Israel so that on the day of your simcha, all that you’ll need to do is to put the baskets of candy on the bimah steps. Think of the time it will save you—shopping for the candies, netting, ribbon, and wrapping. Additionally you are performing a Mitzvah by purchasing the candies -as the monies go to a variety of programs benefitting Adath Israel.
100 pieces: $75.00
150 pieces: $113.00
200 pieces: $150.00
Contact: Janet Cohen phone (609) 896-0090 or e-mail email@example.com
Adath Israel Judaica Shop
The Adath Israel Judaica Shop provides a service to the congregation and community. It is a project of Adath Israel Women’s League and staffed by volunteers. Proceeds benefit the synagogue. The shop offers a fine line of traditional as well as the most up to date designs in Judaica, ceremonials, holiday accessories, gift items, jewelry, children’s toys and books, thereby giving religious meaning to the Jewish Home Beautiful.